£17000 - £19500 per annum
about 1 month ago
-Night student Support Assistant - Alton
-£17,000- £19,500 Per Annum + Benefits
We are looking for Night Student Support Assistants to take responsibility as a member of the night staff team, for the care and security of all residential students overnight.
As a member of the team, you will be caring for the students and helping maintain the efficient running of the boarding houses.
- To encourage the students to do as much as possible for themselves by guiding them and showing them what to do when necessary - Lead by example.
- Helping the students to wash, dress and make their beds where possible
- To help implement all aspects of individual care plans, including the administering of drugs and medication, in line with required policy and procedures
- To provide sympathetic advice about minor problems to do with living in a community
- To help with washing, care, and general maintenance
- To help students eat at meal times in accordance with their individual care plans
- To help students with their general cleanliness including washing, bathing and after toilet hygiene
- To support the company in safeguarding and protecting the welfare of all students at all times
- To comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, health and safety, equality and diversity, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all and any concerns to an appropriate person
- To maintain and develop own professional knowledge and understanding
- To undertake any other such duties, general tasks and hours of work as may be reasonably required and any other responsibilities that may be delegated by your manager
- Good standard of general education inc evidence of GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above (Or equivalent)
- Hold or be willing to work towards a relevant level 2 or 3 qualification such as Health and Social Care, Children and Young People's Workforce Development
- Basic computer skills e.g Microsoft word
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to understand or develop an understanding of the needs of young people with disabilities
- A willingness to support students with developing their independence skills
- Able to show initiative
- A commitment to promoting and safeguarding young people
- Ability and willingness to undertake work-related training
-To be able to provide personal care relevant to the students' needs
- Ability to push wheelchairs and standing frames
- Physical ability to assist with moving and handling of students with the use of mechanical aids
At Vetro Care, we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.