We are looking for the right person who is engaging, energetic, resilient and proactive to enable the support of the children in your care.
You will be supervising the children and their bedtime routines, ensuring their safety and happiness throughout the night. You'll carry out welfare and Health and Safety checks whilst on shift and work with medication as required. You will also assist with Personal Care and a range of household duties such as cleaning, laundry and administration when needed.
Salary: £21,494.20 – £22,747.62
Location: Bristol (BS35)
Shift: 81 hours over a two-week shift, 8:30pm – 7:30am/8:00am, will include some weekend nights.
- Fully fund to do your QCF Level 3 qualification
- 6.6 weeks paid holiday which includes bank holidays 45.4 weeks worked
- Free onsite parking, subject to availability
- Perkbox benefits package (exclusive freebies and discounts)
Duties of the Role
- To remain awake the whole time of your shift
- Reporting any behaviours or health concerns of the pupils
- Communicating with Team Leaders and House Coordinators on a daily basis.
- Support and motivate the children to maintain their personal hygiene
- Ensure the home is safe for the children throughout the night and early morning.
- Keep records of all necessary information
- Liaise effectively with all colleagues
- Handovers to the day staff for all pupils
- All incidents and accidents to be recorded
- Cleaning duties of the home.
- Willing to travel to another home on site
- Weekly team meetings etc
- Perform duties to agreed timetables and deadlines
- Undertake training
- Do assessments of the pupil's health measurements
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker, or with Young People is desirable.
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time
- You must promote the welfare and safeguarding of children and young adults in our care.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now!
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.