Up to £42840 per annum
about 1 month ago
I have an excellent opportunity for a Ward Manager or a Senior Nurse RMN looking to make a step up to Ward Manager, working within a specialist care centre in Pontypool which provides care and support to adult men with varying levels of mental health requirements and step-down services.
- Managing and training of junior and nurse staff.
- Working alongside the senior Nurse to manage the on call service.
- Effective strategic resource management.
- Supporting the implementation of local Clinical Governance Strategy.
- Satisfactory completion of objectives as agreed at appraisal and monthly supervision.
- Satisfactory fulfillment of core competencies.
- Serious incident reviews and implementation of recommendations.
- Demonstrates clear application of continuing professional development portfolio.
- Ward Budget Management.
- Providing strong and robust leadership in the clinical environment using the core skills of facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution, teaching and delegation.
- Facilitates delivery of practice and support supervision
- Actively contributing to the Nursing Service Agreement, departmental Risk Matrix and action plan and monitoring their implementation
- To participate and take on active lead in organisational clinical and nursing audit programmes
- Participating in and taking an active lead in organisational clinical and nursing audit programmes
- Developing a coaching culture within the clinical environment
- Manage the achievements and maintenance of the Care Standards Act.
- First level nursing registration
- Relevant experience in a similar setting
- Professional training in a related environment
- Nurse supervision experience
£42,840 working full time, extensive benefits and career progression opportunities.
**If this opportunity is of interest please click apply below with an up to date CV**