Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taff
£65 - £80 per day
3 months ago
Vetro recruitment have been instructed to find a Wesh Medium cover supervisor for a comprehensive school in the RCT LEA for a long term position starting ASAP.
This is a great opportunity for anyone currently working in the education system or someone with a background in working with children. We can offer you experience in a wide range of settings, which will enable you to further develop your knowledge and experience whilst building upon career goals.
As a cover supervisor your role and responsibilities will include:
- Covering lessons in the absence of the timetabled teacher
- Delivering the cover work by effectively communicating the work set to students
- Ensuring that the required resources needed in order to effectively deliver the covered lessons are available
- Managing the behaviour of pupils whilst they are undertaking set work to ensure a positive learning environment
- Responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies in accordance with school policy and procedures
- Collecting completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher
- Reporting back as appropriate, using the school's standard procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
What are the qualifications required to be a Cover Supervisor?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Post Graduate Degree/Certificate in Education
- Honours Degree
- Teaching assistant, Cover Supervisor experience or other experience working with children (3 months min)
What Skills and Qualities do you need to be a Cover Supervisor?
As a cover supervisor you will need to be:
- Highly adaptable as there is no regular timetable
- Be confident, organised, diplomatic
- Good classroom management is essential
- Patient, flexible, creative with a good sense of humour
You will need to demonstrate that you have:
- Experience of working with secondary aged children
- The ability to manage groups of children and cope with challenging behaviour.
- The ability to build good relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers
- A knowledge of the National Curriculum for KS3 and KS4
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good reading, writing and numeracy skills
- Good IT skills
To be a Cover Supervisor You will need to have a strong work ethic as you will be undertaking a wide range of responsibilities within the classroom.
- Cover Supervisor Salary: £60 to £90 depending on experience and qualifications
- School Hours and term time only
- Location: Caerphilly
Benefits of working as a cover supervisor for Vetro include:
- Quick registration (including online Enhanced DBS check)
- Excellent rates of pay
- Weekly pay runs
- NO PAYROLL CHARGES!
- Flexible working hours
- CV writing support and interview preparation
- Training opportunities including our free Cover Supervisor course.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment, we have over 100 years' experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role. Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help. www.vetrorecruitment.co.uk Vetro recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunity employer and decisions are made on merit alone.