Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£13300 - £15700 per annum
11 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for support workers to work with children aged 16-19 in a both a residential and educational setting. The 3 young people all have learning disabilities, autism and attachment disorders and need support in and out of school hours in order to help them achieve their potential.
- You will have the opportunity to support the young people in a variety of activities such as farming, baking and other activities which further their practical skills.
- Your will be responsible for the welfare and happiness of the children in after-school hours in their residential home.
- You will be building positive and supportive relationships with the young people by meeting their individual physical, emotional and behavioural needs.
- Experience working with children in residential care
- Experiance working with learning difficulties or people in a vulnerable situation
- Excellent communication Skills
- To have a passion for working with and caring for children and young people.
- To be comfortable with challenging behaviours.
- NVQ Level 3 is advantageous
- Drivers are desirable but not essential
- Salary and shifts:
35 hours a week +2 sleeps (£74 per sleep)
8:30 - 4:20 - monday to friday