We are currently looking for a youth support teaching assistant to work within an inclusion Unit based in Rhyl.
The ideal applicant will have experience of working with young offenders with social-emotional mental health and behavior difficulties. As a youth support worker teaching assistant, you will be supporting the class teacher and working with individuals who have challenging behaviours, you will need to be a resilient person and confident using de-escalation
Techniques. Restraint training would be an advantage but not essential.
***Starts September 2021 ***
Job Type: Monday to Friday 8:30-3:30
Pay: £65-£70 per day
About the Role:
Our schools are all very welcoming places to work and one of our teaching assistants recently said,
“Working for Vetro has given me the flexibility I need to work around my family life. I enjoy going to work and the staff in the office are always so helpful and friendly. The schools are lovely and I feel like I am making a difference.”
We are proud of the relationships we have with our schools. Our partnerships are based on mutual values and ethics so we know you are being placed at the best schools.
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Approved NPS Framework Supplier in Wales
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs
- Vetro Mobile App for communicating shift availability and booking work
- Support from an education-led consultant with a personal relationship
- Free Training
- Agency worker of the month
- Entry into our Golden Ticket to win £1000
- 24-hour registration (Online Enhanced DBS)
- Holiday Pay - paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot
- Contributed pension
- At least 3 months experience of working with children in schools, nurseries, or similar
- Worked in Youth Offending or similar
- Have restraint training (desirable)
- Experience with SEMH, SEBD Students up to KS4
- Be registered with the EWC (School Support Worker)
- References covering the last two years (no gaps)
- Hold a current DBS on the update service or willing to take one out
- The Right to Work in the UK
Duties will include:
- Supporting and supervising educational games, sports, and other activities
- Supporting students with low-level ability, Numeracy, Literacy, and Skills
- Preparing the classroom for a lesson
- Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
- Supervising group activities
Can you support and encourage children to flourish? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click ‘APPLY’ now and one of the Vetro team will be in touch.
If you want to know more about us at Vetro Recruitment, please hit the link below:
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.