£19983 - £21621 per annum, Benefits: Making a difference in a Young Persons Life!
02921 660 880
9 months ago
The students in your care will be in the age group of 16-18 and a mixed-gender. The young adults of this home require someone that has a great sense of humour and is passionate.
- Annual Salary: £19,983 - £21,621
- Location: Dorset
- Hours: Full time – 42 hours per week (Spread over 3-4 shifts per week).
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Shift Times: 8am - 8pm (12 hour shift patterns)
- Opportunity to do your Level 3 in Health and Social Care - Fully funded
- Career progression
- Free onsite parking
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of young people with special needs.
- 28 days annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life insurance plans
- Company pension scheme
- Perk box opportunities
- And many more
Our client believes in giving every opportunity to each of its own students within their care and support. Making a positive impact on a students life will go a long way to showing that you can be a true role model.
The location is within a peaceful rural setting, having lots of facilities to offer to students and the Youth Support Worker. The beautiful location has its very own tennis court and an outdoor gym! Inside the premises, there is a calming garden room and games room.
As a Youth Support Worker you will be responsible for:
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Experience as a Children’s Support Worker in a similar setting is desirable.
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People is desirable.
- A passion for supporting young people with a sensitive approach
- You will ideally be a driver as you may be required to travel as the location is rural
- You must be over the age of 21
If this position sounds of interest, please click "Apply". One of the Vetro team will be in touch to talk about the role in more detail and your experience.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 100 years' combined recruitment experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We are REC GOLD accredited and CIW registered and pride ourselves on the service we offer our clients and candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.