Are you a Children’s Residential Care worker looking to step up to a Senior Children’s Residential Care worker job? Or are you already a Senior Children’s Residential Support worker looking for a new opportunity?
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Children’s Residential Support Worker to join one of the UK’s leading Children’s Residential Service providers in a stunning rural location, just off the M4 in Cardiff. Your role will be to support the manager in the day to day running of the service, which supports young people between the ages of 10 – 17 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and of course feed the many pets that also live at the home!
**Due to the nature of the job and the activities involved, we are only able to consider applicants who have a full drivers licence and a car and hold the NVQ Level 3 Children & Young People qualification**
Delivering the highest levels of care and support to the young people through the provision of leadership, direction, and management of the residential children’s service. You will have the children and quality at the heart of your values, and the vision to inspire and support the young people to lead happy and successful lives.
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong leadership and managerial skills and experience leading within a residential home for children & young people with EBD.
Salary: £27,915 - £30,635 (sleep allowance included) Plus overtime available!!
Hours: Full time, varied shift pattern including weekends and sleeps
Shift pattern: 10.00am – 11pm sleep 7am – 11pm sleep 7am – 10.30am
- Getting paid to play computer games and go to theme parks!
- Opportunity to do the NVQ level 5 Children & Young People Management qualification - fully funded!
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinema’s
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- To lead by example and support the management team to run the shift
- Take greater responsibility of mentoring and supporting newer staff members
- To encourage the young people to do activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- To be able to deal with challenging behaviours when needed.
- Protect children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Provide support for the children and young people in the home and to promote their independence and well-being.
- Maintain a safe environment for the young people.
- Ensuring the safety of the students and maintaining an up to date knowledge of the individual’s; care plan, guidelines, reward system and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- NVQ or QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People is ESSENTIAL
- Experience in a residential children's home environment is ESSENTIAL
- Full Driving Licence is ESSENTIAL as you may be required to transport the children from time to time
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘APPLY’ now!