Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
3 months ago
Waking Night Support Worker (Level 2+)
NEW Adults HOME (Learning Disabilities/Autism/ASD)
Near Bury St. Edmund's (IP30)
Full Time ** Permanent ** 38.5 HOURS
Are you looking for a fresh challenge in care... To be actively involved in shaping and influencing a residential environment?
Vetro are recruiting on behalf of a long-established provider of quality education and care services for both children and adults. Due to continued growth and an excellent reputation, we are in the process of supporting the opening of a NEW Residential Home for young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD) near Bury St Edmund's. We are actively recruiting for a Waking Night Support Worker to compliment a new team.
We are looking for a Senior Support Worker who can demonstrate an empathy and who possesses the skills necessary to support young adults with complex needs to develop and achieve their own goals. Alongside experience in mentoring / managing a staff team. To be a positive and reassuring presence in the house, supporting and maintaining a safe and respectful therapeutic living environment.
As a Senior Waking Night Support Worker, you will be working in an environment where the little things that you do every day could have a life-changing impact on another person. Your ambition for the people you support will help them take steps to fulfilling their potential.
- To primarily work in the new Residential Home providing guidance, support and engagement.
- To contribute to the development of young adults through the provision of a healthy lifestyle, a variety of appropriate stimulating activities and the example of a consistent and caring role model.
- To Support individuals towards managing their own behaviours and becoming as independent as possible within their own capabilities by using the skills and approved approaches learnt during the training provided.
- To assist with all personal care needs as outlined in their Individual Care Plans.
What experience or qualifications would you need?
- A genuine passion for care and to be motivated by contributing to the progression of others
- A strong team player
- Experience of managing / supervising a staff team
- Resilience to keep going at difficult times and ask for support if needed
- Minimum Level 2 diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Driving licence with access to your own vehicle is required due to rural location
Night shifts generally work from 7.30pm until 7.30am on a 2-week fixed rolling rota averaging 38.5 hours per week.
All new employees receive a comprehensive two-week induction and training period together with regular training provided to all staff.
What would I get in return?
- A competitive starting salary & overtime available
- Extensive and fully funded training packages with time rostered out of your work rota to attend
- Pension / Life assurance
- Staff meals
- Fully expensed off-site activities and trips alongside Residents
- Career development opportunities
- Fully funded DBS
If you are passionate about supporting Young Adults with Learning Disabilities / Autism and interested in this role please send your CV alongside a brief covering letter.
Referral Scheme At Vetro Recruitment we recognise that exceptional people always know other exceptional people, so why not earn £50 to £250 for referring them to Vetro Recruitment. Click HERE for more details. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
At Vetro Recruitment we have over 25 years experience helping people plan their career path, navigate the job market and find their ideal role. We pride ourselves on the service we offer our candidates. We will work alongside you at all stages of the job application process and help you identify, apply for and secure your ideal role.
Whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary position we're here to help. Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone